Monday, March 3, 2014

Picture taken right out side the door
My other half and I stopped into Vintage Vapor on Pecan St (FM 1825) in Pflugerville and I was pleasantly surprised.   The shop is in a strip center right off the main street in Pflugerville, so it was easy to find and easy to get to.   The shop was clean and well set up.  There was a couple working when my fiance and I went in and they where really nice, actually they were sweet, attentive and they were wearing uniform aprons (I think that is a great detail and really cute).   We were acknowledged as soon as we walked in the door and were told they would be with us as soon as they could.  As soon a the customer that was there before us was walking out the door Justin asked what he could help us with, we were still looking around at the shop, so we told him to go ahead and help the lady that came in behind us.  He asked if we were sure and we said yes, go ahead and help her first, because we were not ready yet.  I think this little place is so cool, but I love the vintage look (you can check out more pictures on their web site or Facebook page, both links are located at the end of this review).  After he got done helping the lady and we were still reading the menu on the chalk board but went ahead and started trying a few of their juices.  The set up was a little different from what I have seen before, there were small (CE4) tanks with each one of the juices they carry in them with a large glass jar with new silicon tip covers.  They used a tool to pick up the silicon tips to hand to us and we both took one each. We slipped the tip onto each tank as we tested, they did not touch the silicon covers, they asked us to remove them after each juice we tried.  I really like that, it's clean and there is no cross contamination from one customer to another.  I have to say the flavors we tried were exactly how they were described to us and on the menu.  Vintage Vapor has 6 different vapors, their own blend which is Vintage Vapor Premium EJuice, Dr. Werden's Flavoured Tonics, HellaVapor, Halo, and Texas Select Vapors, and a new one they just stared carrying Electric Ember (E2).  I think it's pretty cool that most of the juices they carry are Texas made Juices.




"Locally-made premium e-liquid sourced from the highest-quality, American-made ingredients! Our specially-designed "house brand" will knock your socks off with flavorful blends of your all-time favorite flavors, specialty blends, and unique combinations that are sure to please even the most refined of vapors."

"Our Vintage Vapor Select Blends comes in an amber-colored 10ml glass bottle with dropper top.  Daily special: 3 for $25.00 or $9.95 each. We currently offer over thirty flavors plus our Holiday Seasonal line featuring some tasty treats! Most flavors available in nicotine levels 0, 6, 12, 18, 24, and 30; holiday blends available in 0, 6, and 12." - stated on site


Let me tell you about the ones we tried, the Vintage Vapor Premium EJuice flavors we tried were:


Bride of Vapenstein - "A monstrous pomegranate" - My fiance really liked this one, we ended up buying this one in a 0 nic for him- It does have a nice smooth pomegranate flavor on the inhale and exhale and it lingered just right with out any funny after taste, it reminded me of the little sweet tarts, with a little some thing extra (the pomegranate).   Also a little note, he was a social smoker, not a heavy smoker like me, so the 0 nic works great for him, because its more for the habit not for the nicotine.  =}



Vintage Vapor Bride of Vapenstein
Beautiful vintage type labels
Beautiful glass amber bottles with clear glass droppers
Steampunk - "An intricate concoction of Strawberry & Watermelon" - This one was pretty good also, the watermelon was the stronger flavor in my opinion, it was strong on the inhale and a little lighter on the exhale, that is when the strawberry dropped in, but wasn't a rich strawberry flavor. - Still a good all day vape, especially if you like watermelon, oh and not an artificial watermelon flavor either.

The Golden Ticket - "Schnozzberries taste like Schnozzberries!" - I am not sure what in the world a schnozzberry is, but The Golden Ticket tasted like a berry mix, both on he inhale and exhale, the flavor was not a really strong in your face, but not too weak either.  I think it was pretty good, even though I'm not a huge fruity vape fan, I would vape it from time to time.


Marilyn - "All-American apple pie ala mode" - I really like pie and this was no doubt a pie flavor, a nice smooth sweet apple on the inhale and on the exhale the pie crust was present, the vanilla/cinnamon/kinda buttery flavor crust.  I will say if you like desserts vapes this is a great one to get, I would have gotten it but I fell in love with a different one.  



We also tried a few of the Texas Select Vapors, they have 10Ml bottles for $7.95 each and come in all nic levels and most are mixed 70% VG / 30% PG

Blackberry Lemonade - "A classic summer cocktail; perfect for year-round vaping! Pick up a bottle of Blackberry Lemonade for a refreshing vape that will leave you wanting more and more!" - I am not a blackberry fan and I love this vape, the blackberry was a smooth sweet blackberry on the inhale and a sweet tart lemonade on the exhale, this is a great summer vape and if you like lemonade a great all day vape! As soon as I am done with the bottle I got I will be going back and getting this one, and I'm also waiting for summer time to come around, we haven't had much warm weather yet this year.  ={


Vape the Rainbow - "The flavor of this liquid is almost identical to what the name reminds you of. A fruity, sweet, and complex candy flavor that is sure to keep you coming back for more!" -  As the description states it really does taste like a sweet candy, it has a little tartness to it as well, just like a mouth full of sweet tarts, but not like the Bride of Vapenstein from there own juice line, that one has the pomegranate in it, Vape the Rainbow does not. You know the large sweet tarts that come in a package of 4 and you have to break them and they are a little chewy?  Yeah that is the flavor I got from this vape, also a great vape!


We also tried two of the Dr. Werden's Flavoured Tonics, they come in 6 nic, 12 nic and 18 nic and will run 22 bucks a pop for a 30ML glass bottle.



(Pic taken from Google search. Not my own)
Cureall - "a classic apple cobbler with a caramel finish" - A classic apple cobbler taste, with a crumble/crust flavor stronger on the exhale.  On the inhale you get the sweet tart green apple with a light sweet caramel, not a strong over powering caramel, a nice smooth vape, it is an all day vape as well.

Orient Express - "vanilla cinnamon chai masala, a true taste of India" - I had to try this one because I have a black tea flavor from a different company that I really like, but I hate to say it, I did not like this one at all. I guess I don't like chai masala (Chai tea).  I got a slight/weak vanilla flavor, the cinnamon was more prevalent, but the chai tea was what killed it for me. So, you will have to go in and try this one and see if you like it, I didn't.


They have a new brand they just started carrying, they don't even have it on their site yet, but I have to tell you about it because there is one I fell in love with and I bought a 15Ml bottle of it.  The brand is Electric Ember (E2).  They are still pretty new and they do have a few flavors, but this is the one I had to try, I love strawberry vapes.  The 15Ml bottle ran $9.95, it is a plastic bottle, Mixed 50%VG / 50% PG.  Even though I prefer a 70% VG / 30% PG mix this one does not have the hard throat hit like some 50/50 mixtures do.


Strawberry Mist - I don't have a description of it from any website, but I will tell you what I taste.  Its a sweet smooth strawberry flavor, not weak, but not in you face either.  My other half gave me the right words to describe it as soon as he tasted it, it taste like a strawberry wine cooler with out the alcohol flavor, I said yep that is perfect.



Electric Ember Strawberry Mist
Cool lettering on the vendor name
on Black labels 
Vintage Vapor also carry devices, mods, all kinds of tanks, charms, lanyards, as well as their own steam-punk line and and painted cases too.  Their flavors and the other vendors they carry have great quality juice, I myself will be returning for more.  We also bought a tank from them, but that will be left in another post coming soon.  You really gotta go check them out.

Here is the address, stop on in and check them out.  They are really cool, they have great juice and there are specials from time to time as well.  They also hold Vaping 101 classes for new vapers as well as for more advanced vapers. 


Vintage Vapor Texas
2700 W. Pecan Street #305 
Pflugerville, Texas 78660 

512.961.7663 

Monday - Thursday 10am - 8pm
Friday & Saturday 10am - 9pm
Sunday 12pm - 6pm

http://www.vintagevaportexas.com/


https://www.facebook.com/vintagevaporATX



*** Disclaimer ***   I bought 2 bottles of Juice from Vintage Vapors, I am not gaining anything by writing this post and all the opinions are mine and my fiances. I try to be very thorough in my reviews, If I visit any shop or vendor more then once I will not do the same reviews on juices I have already done.  I also use different colors in my reviews, in this review the vendor names are in red and the juice name and description that are on the site are in burnt orange.  Anything names and descriptions I copy from any site will be in italics, parenthesis and in burnt orange. ***


Posted by Dawn - TexasMommaDiva

2 comments:

  1. Hi admin,
    I read your blog, its really awesome,
    Holidays or not, online shopping is fast becoming the main shopping choice for many people. People prefer online stores for their shopping needs over the brick-and-mortar stores for a variety of reasons.
    see more details: vapor shops near me

    your regards
    alfajripon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are buy electronic cigarette for beginners, the joyetech evic primo is the perfect choice. This stylish device is light and easy to handle. Newbies rave about how easy it is to refill, which sets it far above many competing devices. The battery never gets a bad review because of ego aio d22's legendary capacity. New vape users love the rich and thick vapor produced by this high-performance device.

      Delete